The Mamwlad project, funded by the Welsh Government, is delivered by Care & Repair in Powys and Age Cymru Powys.
It is a service to help people over 50 in the farming community – whether a farmer, farm worker or retired from farming – to stay living at home safely and independently and to tackle loneliness and isolation.
How can we help?
Care & Repair in Powys will take time to talk to you about your home and give advice on options to adapt, repair and maintain your home, whether owned or rented.
We will offer a free Healthy Home Assessment helping you to manage better and stay safe, warm and secure which includes:
- Falls, trips and slips prevention
- Fire safety check
- Energy efficiency
- Home safety and security
Agreed works could be carried out by our own Minor Adaptations team and can also be funded by grants.
We can also help by:
- Referring you to our technical team or an occupational therapist
- Finding funding
- Finding a reliable contractor
- Providing technical advice and assistance in arranging work
- Giving progress updates and check you are happy with the work done
Age Cymru Powys can undertake a free, confidential benefits check service and provide assistance with completing welfare benefit forms. We also have access to other services to help you connect with others. This support may include:
- Befriending services
- Mental health support to reduce stress
- Local support for practical help around the home
- Later life goals planning and preparing for the future
- Advocacy and supporting you to get your wishes heard
For more information on the Mamwlad project and services available, or for a confidential chat, please contact us:
Age Cymru Powys
Gethin Edwards, Mamwlad Support Officer
Care & Repair in Powys
Amy Peter, Mamwlad Caseworker
Lesley Price, Mamwlad Caseworker